Family Sponsorship

Family-Based Green Cards

Sponsorship for your Relatives

Family SponsorshipU.S. immigration law for family sponsorship allows United States citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor certain relatives for permanent residence in the United States. The relatives that have been designated as eligible for family-sponsored permanent residence are grouped into different classifications.

The first group is for “Immediate Relative” visas, and these visas are “unlimited.” This means that there is no limit on the number of immigrants who can enter the U.S. on these visas each year.

Family-based Immigration: Eligibility?

Immediate Relatives

According to U.S. immigration law, “Immediate Relatives” of U.S. citizens are

  • The spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • The parent of an adult U.S. citizen. An adult is defined as an individual who is 21 years of age or older
  • The unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • An orphan who was adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
  • An orphan who’s adoption by a U.S. citizen is pending

Family Preference Immigrants

The second group of visas is the “Family Preference Immigrant” visa, and these visas are limited at a certain number. The family preference categories are as follows:

  • Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children if applicable
  • Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, and adult unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents
  • Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children


As a US citizen over 21 years of age, you may sponsor your parents to come to the United States as permanent residents.  The process can be done fairly quickly and our expertise will certainly help you through the many hurdles.  Please contact us for more information.


Only a US citizen may sponsor his or her siblings to become permanent residents in the United States. The process takes many years, so it’s important to do it right. We have successfully helped families in these situations for more than 25 years. Please contact us and let us help you achieve your dreams!


Our firm has helped many people to bring their fiance/finacee’s to the United States for the purpose of getting married and establishing residency.  We would like to help you too.  Please give us a call or submit an inquiry under contact us.